Social Services for the Disabled Section (2nd Floor, Window 23, TEL (087)839-2333),
and at any branch or field office.
Main Services Available to the Disabled
(excluding Yamada Branch Office and field offices)
- Home visits to bathe persons with physical disabilities
- Provision of assistive devices
- Provision of disposable diapers for children with disabilities
- Financial aid for home renovations for people with disabilities
- Special stipend for people with disabilties
- Stipend for children with disabilities
- Funding for children with disabilities
- Funding for home visits for people with disabilities who live at home
- Provision (purchase and repair) of adaptive equipment
- Issue of subsidy tickets for a taxi
- Services for social services for the disabled
* for details, contact the Social Services for the Disabled section.
Distribution of Various Certificates
(not available at Yamada Branch Office and field offices)
For information on how to receive a:
- Physical disability certificate
- Rehabilitation certificate
- Mental disability certificate
and for how to apply to receive medical payment for services and supports for persons with disabilities, contact the Social Services for the Disabled Section.
Assistance with Medical Fees for People with Disabilities
Among the medical expenses covered by the National Health Insurance, the expenses paid by an individual, (excluding the standard share of convalescent living expenses) are subsidized. This only applies to those who have the Handbook for the Physically Disabled 1st grade - 4th grade, those who have the Handbook for Medical Care and Education, and those who fulfill all the conditions of the Handbook for the War Wounded.
*There are some exceptions according to income restrictions or age restrictions.